Title: Sales Representative – Telesales
Location: Washington DC
Supervisor: Managing Director – Clean Energy Sales
Status: Part-Time, Non-exempt
Looking for an outgoing professional and strong phone communicator to join a dynamic team of progressives working to shift thousands of people’s electricity to 100% clean renewable wind and solar power. This job is for you if you think outside the box and aren’t turned off by new ideas and big challenges.
Under the supervision of the Managing Director, responsibilities will include:
* Significant phone outreach (incoming and outgoing)
* Read and understand calling script and be ready to move off script as needed
* Interact with customers & potential customers originating from multiple channels, including web, neighborhood canvass, direct mail, and partner outreach
* Provide feedback to the Managing Director on list and script effectiveness
* Stay informed on relevant clean energy and progressive issues (emphasis on Ethical Electric’s advocacy and local community campaigns)
* Accurately record membership information, including utility account numbers
* Use of Salesforce database, for member information and updating lead records
Qualifications and Qualities:
The successful candidate for the position will:
* Be ready to work in a startup environment for a new venture with new ideas
* Demonstrate an enthusiasm for public outreach and sales to further the rapid adoption of clean energy
* Have enthusiasm for progressive causes and organizations
* Have excellent communication skills and be fluent in English
* Fastidious in your ability to document your work clearly and precisely
* Be able to take charge and jump into every sales opportunity with energy and passion
* Maintain a professional approach that is both persuasive and shows respect in all communications
* Preference for at least a year of telephone fundraising/telemarketing experience (ideally split between sales and non-profit outreach)
* Have prior experience with using a CRM (Salesforce experience a plus)
* Comfortable finding answers on your own, but not afraid to ask for help
* Pass a basic background check
* Minimum of High School Diploma/GRE. College degree a plus.
* Sales experience desired
* Non-profit experience desired
* Knowledge of clean energy and progressive issues a plus
Pay is hourly ($12-$15/hour DOE) plus commission.
Other benefits including vacation and fully paid health care after 2 months probationary period.